Aug 3, 2010

fully stocked!

Today was an adventure! After work, I decided that I wanted to check out this little corner health store in my town. I drive by it everyday, and I have always been meaning to stop, and today was THE DAY! I walked in and was just overwhelmed by the amount of nuts, seeds, beans, protein powder and couscous I saw. This little food store, "HealthWorks" has every "health nut" essential!



I got so many goodies here! Including VEGAN RAVIOLIS! I didn't even know there was such a thing, but HEALTH WORKS has it
                            

 I got some flax seed ( an Aunt Connie Vegan staple!), some veggie cheese, soy turkey, raisins, and dried bananas! The prices were pretty reasonable, but I am sadly finding that it is going to be EXPENSIVE to be a successful vegan, but part of my journey will be learning how to be a vegan on a social worker budget! After I left this little corner store, I walked down the street to this quaint little produce market in my town. I hit the jackpot there! LET ME TELL YA! I got-- 4 bell peppers, a bag of  6 organic apples, carrots, a bag of potatoes, fresh green beans, bananas, fresh organic peaches, oranges, hummus, spinach, and romaine lettuce
 all for UNDER...yes UNDER 15.00 $. I couldn't even believe my eyes! So needless to say, I WAS PUMPED!
                                      

I was proud of myself today! My kitchen is fully stocked with some vegan essentials all for under 40.00 ( not too shabby) I am still learning everyday, and its going to be a challenging, yet FUN journey! 

I am cooking for Brian tonight ( the boyfriend <3), and I am making Aunt Connie's famous Vegan Stuffed Peppers! I will share the recipe with all of you tomorrow, and I will show pictures, and also give you Brian's "Vegan Dinner Review". Get Excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love